Rodrigues is a small island 650km East of Mauritius, in the middle of the Indian Ocean measuring only 18Km Long and 8 km at its widest point. The hilly island boasts its coral reefs, blue waters and exotic fauna and flora. The Rodrigues MTB Challenge is a two days mountain biking race through a variety of different terrains which Rodrigues Island has to offer. The landscape may vary from hilly lands, volcanic remnants, coastal paths and lush vegetation. The 2021 edition of this annual mountain biking race targets an exclusive group of riders from the Indian Ocean Region and South Africa with only 50 registrations. It is hosted at Tekoma Boutik Hotel which is entirely reserved for the riders.
From the 10th to the 13th of June 2021, it is an all-inclusive race limited to 50 travelling participants + 15 riders from Rodrigues. The registration on ROAG includes:
A historical event! After more than 10 years of success of “Trail de Rodrigues”, now comes the opportunity for MTB riders to discover every year the stunning landscape this island has to offer.
This mountain bike race offers the perfect opportunity to engage in an exclusive MTB adventure on the small tropical island surrounded by emerald blue waters. The aim of the Rodrigues MTB Challenge is to attract people from the Indian Ocean Region and South Africa to take part in this race and give some exposure to this island and its people through a sporting event. This race is a place where bonds are formed on the track among an exclusive group of riders, both locals and internationals. One which the mountain bikers will save on their calendars… Let’s look back at the highlights of this first edition.
– RMTBC: “We were very happy to have you as guest and godfather of MTB Rodrigues. What are your impressions following the race?”
– Andrew: “Thank you for the invite to the inaugural MTB Rodrigues, it was an honour and privilege to participate in this unique MTB event on the unspoilt beautiful island of Rodrigues. It was a special experience from beginning to end and one I will not forget. The accommodation at Tekoma Hotel, staff hospitality, food, route, RSVP events, ROAG timing and every detail was taken care of. The off the Bike experience was as good as the event itself. Ali and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience and are already planning our return to the beautiful island. Thank you Ludovic and the RSVP team for a truly memorable experience.
– RMTBC: “What would you tell a friend who is considering participation in the next edition but hasn’t made up his mind yet?”
– Andrew: “The Rodrigues MTB event is truly a Bucket list event. Life is too short to have regrets, my advice is to commit now, enter early, this will become a sold out gem of a race in the near future.”
– RMTBC: “What are your feelings with regards to the performance of our bikers (Mauritian and Rodriguan) and how do you think the sport will evolve in our country? Anything you would like to add?”
– Andrew: “Mauritius has some really talented cyclists that I have had the privilege of getting to know and compete against over the years, it is really encouraging to see the events, number of participants and standard of competition improving every year in Mauritius. Mauritius is certainly becoming an adventure and more specifically an MTB event island. I was really encouraged and excited to meet some local Rodriguan cyclists at the Rodrigues MTB event. I have no doubt that in years to come we will see more and more local entries and I look forward to congratulating the 1 st Rodriguan Overall winner in the not too distant future. Thank you for a truly unforgettable experience.
Here are the cash prizes that will be given to the winners of the Rodrigues MTB Challenge 2020 Edition.
The minimum age to participate is 18 years old for Mauritians and foreigners whereas for Rodrigues residents the minimum age to participate is 16 years old. Here are the categories:
Enjoy an amazing “all inclusive” stay at Tekoma Boutik Hotel. With its 32 rooms, this property has been fully booked to become the race village and accommodate 60 riders on a room sharing basis. This event is, therefore “riders only” to allow as many riders as possible to participate.
Entirely renovated and extended the hotel has reopened in September 2020.
We know that you probably have tons of questions prior to book your race package.
Click on the button below to see the list of our Frequently Asked Questions.
Feel free to contact us on [email protected] if you have more specific questions.