Rodrigues is a small island 650km East of Mauritius, in the middle of the Indian Ocean measuring only 18Km Long and 8 km at its widest point. The hilly island boasts its coral reefs, blue waters and exotic fauna and flora. The Rodrigues MTB Challenge is a two days ride through a variety of different terrains which Rodrigues Island has to offer. The landscape may vary from hilly lands, volcanic remnants, coastal paths and lush vegetation.
This Mountain bike race offers the perfect opportunity to engage in an exclusive mountain biking adventure on the small tropical island surrounded by emerald blue waters. Our aim for the Rodrigues MTB Challenge is to attract people from the Indian Ocean Region and South Africa to take part in the race. This is a great opportunity to expose people to the island.
The second edition of this annual Mountain Bike race targets an exclusive group of riders from the Indian Ocean Region and South Africa with only 60 registrations available. The race will be a place where bonds are formed on the track among this small group of riders. One which the mountain bikers will save on their calendars…
– RMTBC: “We were very happy to have you as guest and godfather of MTB Rodrigues. What are your impressions following the race?”
– Andrew: “Thank you for the invite to the inaugural MTB Rodrigues, it was an honour and privilege to participate in this unique MTB event on the unspoilt beautiful island of Rodrigues. It was a special experience from beginning to end and one I will not forget. The accommodation at Tekoma Hotel, staff hospitality, food, route, RSVP events, ROAG timing and every detail was taken care of. The off the Bike experience was as good as the event itself. Ali and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience and are already planning our return to the beautiful island. Thank you Ludovic and the RSVP team for a truly memorable experience.
– RMTBC: “What would you tell a friend who is considering participation in the next edition but hasn’t made up his mind yet?”
– Andrew: “The Rodrigues MTB event is truly a Bucket list event. Life is too short to have regrets, my advice is to commit now, enter early, this will become a sold out gem of a race in the near future.”
– RMTBC: “What are your feelings with regards to the performance of our bikers (Mauritian and Rodriguan) and how do you think the sport will evolve in our country? Anything you would like to add?”
– Andrew: “Mauritius has some really talented cyclists that I have had the privilege of getting to know and compete against over the years, it is really encouraging to see the events, number of participants and standard of competition improving every year in Mauritius. Mauritius is certainly becoming an adventure and more specifically an MTB event island. I was really encouraged and excited to meet some local Rodriguan cyclists at the Rodrigues MTB event. I have no doubt that in years to come we will see more and more local entries and I look forward to congratulating the 1 st Rodriguan Overall winner in the not too distant future. Thank you for a truly unforgettable experience.
Here are the cash prizes that will be given to the winners of the Rodrigues MTB Challenge 2020 Edition.
The minimum age to participate is 18 years old for Mauritians and foreigners whereas for Rodrigues residents the minimum age to participate is 16 years old. Here are the categories:
Enjoy an amazing “all inclusive” stay at Le Tekoma Boutik Hotel. With its 32 rooms, this property has been fully booked to become the race village and accommodate 60 riders on a room sharing basis. This event is therefore “riders only” to allow as many riders as possible to participate.
Entirely renovated and extended the hotel reopens in April 2020.
We know that you probably have tons of questions prior to book your race package.
Click on the button below to see the list of our Frequently Asked Questions.
Feel free to contact us on RMTBC@trimetys-hotels.com if you have more specific questions.